Friday 13 September 2013

Friday 13th, unlucky for some...

But not for me! ( 2 hours left so hopefully not)

Huzzah for Friday! Not that it makes much difference to the unemployed. Everyday could be Friday! Or Monday. Depending on how you're feeling.

So a quick summary-the house is all lovely and set up and we are super happy to be in such a great area!

On the job front, I have applied fair around 10 jobs and heard back from 7 of them, had 4 interviews with another on Tuesday-so still hoping that one will turn into a position. Fingers crossed for me people!

Super-Dave is on a roll with the interviews and meeting with recruiters so fingers crossed he's on the employment path too!

So enough of that. That's where we are at.

In other news, those who know me well also know that I have developed a strange fascination and ever growing collection of fridge magnets. Weird, I know.

I think it partly started with the really old fridge that we acquired from the Curries and I think I just wanted to make it pretty.


And then it started to become an obsession. I can't go to a tourist attraction or go into a gift shop without buying one.

Annoyingly this obsession started after my epic round the world trip. What a list opportunity!

And beloved friends of ours have started to add to our collection, thinking of us on their own trips which is very lovely- and exciting for this obsessive magnet collector.

So here's a selection if some of my faves. ( with my impending day of birth coming up, please feel free to forward magnets my way! )

The epic €3 euro delight from Seville airport spending our last coins. I love it because its so tacky it's actually cool.

 The latest edition from our GC-MEL drive- stopping off at the Big Banana. It's just plain funny.

"Mahalo Lucy!"- our lovey Hawaiian edition from Eloise and Brants Honeymoon. Reminds me of Eloise and her love for 50 First Dates.

A simple, Eco-friendly fridge magnet from our first ever big family holiday this year!

Whilst we weren't in the UK at the time, we picked up this beautiful lil momentous of a historical day.

Creepy yet must-have magnet from the Catedral de Seville in Spain. 

Beautiful ornate magnet from the Queen Vic Markets on my first ever trip to Melbourne.  

David's favourite bird- the Kookaburra from our day trip to Currumbin Wildlife Centre with Kristy. Sitting next to a lil lighthouse from the Herne Bay museum at home.

Sweet Dutch kisses from Davs on his mini Euro trip.

              Functional and English.

12 years since September 11th. How time flies. From our amazing NY food fest in 2011.

 Finally, the long-awaited Barcelona from Laura, James, Jo and Jesus on their trip about a million years ago.

So, as you can see, my weird obsession has stories and many fond memories.

I encourage you to all get on board and go buy a magnet!

Have a lovely weekend all- we have a day trip out to the Dandenong Ranges before the Gangsters Ball for a night of dressing up, swing dancing, cocktails, gambling and feeling fabulous as our engagement gift from the wonderful Laura, James, Jo, Tess, Jesus and Charlie. Can't wait!

Oh and a Mexican food fest on Sunday, super yum!

Buenos Noches and muchos love xxx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!

Thanks for getting in touch with The English Rose - she'll aim to get back to you shortly!

Have a lovely day.