Sunday 26 February 2012

A new chapter, a new leaf.

It has come to my attention that I need to be more positive. Generally speaking, I don't consider myself to be too negative (of course I love the odd moan like the next English person), just the last 3 weeks have been quite up and down.

Having said this, we just heard back from a failed application for a flat we really wanted. Dave was pretty devastated. Annoyingly, theres nothing more we can do, as we put in our application just like everyone else and made it to the final two. And lost. Its annoying. We just want to move to Brisbane and have our own space!

Cest la vie. The search continues. Guess this week might not be as lucky as we hoped.

But I do have my fingers crossed for a job interview I went for last week...

Other than this, the big news in Australia at the moment is....POLITICS.

I'm not a huge fan of politics, especially when I know very little about it over here. I'm sure it hasn't been huge news elsewhere, but here, it took over the weekend for the polls on monday morning.

The Gill vs K-Rudd. A story of backstabbing and betrayal within one party, supposed to be sorted out by the poll this morning. Any change? Probably not. The Gill won, to the publics dismay and the politicians jobs are safe once more. Hurrah! All of this whilst cutting in and out of The Oscars red carpet moments.

Finally, an Oscars show I can watch without falling asleep at stupid'o'clock, as the coverage starts in the day and finishes mid afternoon. Great for the unemployed!

And, to keep you up to date on the current personalised number plate affair, check these out:

DAS HOT
DUMI 3
GLASGO
BAD A55
CUT 17
TRU 2 ME
5EVIL
5ARAH
MEL 99
S7OLEN
BUBLES
JST 4 US
RAW
BEKS
I O U
GT 4 ME
MAD OOX
FRUIT

And this is just in the last week, commuting to and from Brisbane with Dave! Nutters..

More news updates:

It has been raining quite a lot the last few days, so much so I thought the pool would overflow and it is now full of twigs.

We went to Toris 30th bday pool party last weekend (in the said rain), of which Eloise and Brants amazing, huge, chocolate and cherry penis cake went down a storm! As did the Brazilian BBQ, which really was just a big coal BBQ cooked by a Brazilian guy (which was amazing). The coals was a major talking point for the Aussies, as they all use gas BBQs and they couldn't believe how good it was. Well duh!

I have now become the house-person in the relationship, whilst I'm unemployed. After Daves hard work for 6 months, the tables have now turned! At least I can do the housework in a bikini, inbetween sunbathing and dips in the pool. However, at least he never had to iron the business shirts...pain in the bum.

And thats that really for now.

Still flat hunting, fingers crossed on the job, still trying to tan and reading copious amounts of
Marina Lewycka - she wrote "A Short History of Tractors in Ukranian", "Two Caravans" and "We are all Made of Glue" - my current read. She's brilliant.

Hope alls well at home, enjoy the sunshine!

Much love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!

Thanks for getting in touch with The English Rose - she'll aim to get back to you shortly!

Have a lovely day.