Thursday 15 March 2012

A long, weird week.

G'day!

Well, it has been a busy week hasn't it?!

So, the dragon lady became even more dragon like, with her fiery rage breathing over those around her. So after slight consideration...I left. Even though it was a charity I wanted to work for morally, to gain more experience and hopefully start a career over here, I have now seen that there isn't really an opportunity here.

So now I am with a recruitment agency and temping as a receptionist from next week until Easter. So at least I shall have a bit of money coming in which is awesome of course.

In my time off I have been very active in the pool, researching into my potential future career of working with children and taking in the sites of Roma Street Parklands.

It truly is beautiful, a huge, exotic park full of lizards, multicoloured flowers and artworks.

http://www.romastreetparkland.com

You just can't get this kinda stuff in the UK!

And finally...the ordeal of the sofa ordering is over! A painful, late night trip to ikea and we finally chose one. It only took an entire week of researching, sitting on and looking at a million sofas!

But this one is a 3 seated chaise langue and it will be nice to finally have somewhere to sit!

And I got paid for my last job, yay! First thing I bought was fresh herbs for the kitchen. I must be getting old!

So as I drink earl grey tea from the union jack mug, I feel a little bit English still, Nd don't worry, I still sound it completely! I can't hide it, I speak too nicely!

And it's really nice to be more settled, which will be celebrated in the city with some after work drinks...after a hard day of swimming, garden walking and shopping!

A happy first year annivesary to sarah and macca, cant believe its been a year since that wonderful wedding in Thailand. A big happy birthday to Miss Bell, who entered the Quarter of a Century Club this week, a bug happy birthday to my Paparoo who shall enjoy a surprise weekend courtesy of the lovely Shelley, and of course, Happy Mothers Day to my lovely Mum.

Love to all and I look forward to the postcards.


Xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!

Thanks for getting in touch with The English Rose - she'll aim to get back to you shortly!

Have a lovely day.