Monday 2 April 2012

Cups, Ross, Jobs and other 4 letter words...

Well, I haven’t written for a while. So it might be a long and hopefully interesting one.
Let me take you back a few weeks.
I had to pee in a cup. With the doctor standing outside the door, listening to me. That was a little weird. Then the next doctor laid me down and tried to feel my organs, whilst commenting on every scar, piercing, weird anomalies that he could see. That was quite weird too. Apparently my first temping experience required a full medical, including drugs and alcohol.
Turns out I am fit and healthy, with an incredibly inflexible back, which can be sorted out by stretching in front of the telling, pulling a towel around my feet.
So, this tells you that I am currently temping at the moment, as a receptionist. Having never done reception work, but having seen it be done, I felt that it can’t be that hard and it’s a good starting point for earning some cash. So I signed up for a 2 week contract with a services and resources company (even after 2 weeks I still can’t figure out what they do).
Once again I seemed to work again with a self indulgent young lass who went to the solarium and had a manicure done in her lunch hour, as standard.
So am glad to be out on the road again, with another company up until Easter, where the journey is much more scenic and enjoyable, I have a lot more time to myself and they actually have a resident snake catcher and procedure on site. And I get greeted by big old lizards on my way in.
So that’s the work front, scattered with a few interviews that I am eagerly awaiting information from – fingers crossed, not many charities are willing or understanding enough to even offer me an interview with my visa type at the moment, so I have all my fingers and toes crossed for this one.
Otherwise, we had a grand old time Ross Noble, at the QPAC in Brisbane the other week. HE.WAS.AWESOME. I love him, he’s soooo funny! I did have to go all the way to Australia to see him. It was worth it. The stage was a montage of brightly colourful, crazy objects – to reflect his mind methinks. And he was on top form, with his wit as sharp as ever, using the audience, random gifts and tales, woven into a confused but comfortable rug of comedy. They should use that for the dvd.
Ross Noble always reminds me of sitting on the sofa, in the Mouse House in Kingston, laughing until we cried with Elliott, whilst the others wandered in and out, not really sure of what to make of it! Ah, those days, can’t believe they have gone so quickly.
In other news:
Personalised Numberplate Update
I have actually seen some killer ones this week, but haven’t noted them all down and can’t remember them all, but here’s some of this weeks most memorable best –
SQUISHY
B GREAT
BADMAN
BEATS
SEXY
4 DAD

I need to start taking lots of pictures of these, they do appear to be everywhere and some of them are pretty ridiculous.

Today:
I woke up with an early interview, as you do, followed by a 5km cycle stint in our gym (apparently this only burns like 60 odd calories, so not impressed by this discovery – it does not make me think the gym is worthwhile), followed by a dip in the pool (this was my big toe, then with almost sub-zero pool temperatures, decided it was against my health), followed by a bus to work, where I am now.

I am also tres excited about the long Easter weekend ahead of us! Although it may be a little manic with catch ups! We are heading down to the Gold Coast Thursday night for a surprise 30th birthday and to catch up with Daves family and Matt – along with a whole host of friends. Then I shall come back up Saturday to meet up with Ali, who I haven’t seen since we were in Buenos Aires together in December 2010. Crazy! She’s flying up from Melbourne for the weekend so can’t wait to catch up with her! And then back down to the coast for Easter Sunday and Monday for a bit more family/beach time. Phew!

Then I am either back in the world of unemployment for a while, of (fingers crossed) in an actual job.

I have also been a little bit homesick this week for a few reasons. The first, was Ellies Hen Do in Ireland, with all the lovely ladies. I am sad to have missed this and will be even sadder to be missing the wedding in May. It sounds beautiful and I’m sure it will be an incredible day.
The second, more recent, family events taking a turn for the unexpected (in my eyes anyway). I am truly gutted by this outcome, and really wish I could be there for everyone and to understand.
And finally, it is the Sass’s 13th birthday! My little sister, now catching up with me and still making me look short – even though I’m not! Have a wicked day and look out for the parcel in the post J xxx
If anyone wants a Skype date, that would be lovely! It is now a 9 hour time difference and you can find me at: thisisheathermurphy if you have not already found me.
Miss and love you all lots, have a great Easter, eat chocolate, be sick and look for bunnies. xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!

Thanks for getting in touch with The English Rose - she'll aim to get back to you shortly!

Have a lovely day.