Tuesday 10 April 2012

Happy Easter and other good news...

Happy Easter to everyone at home love Hev & Currie

My Easter Sandcastle 

At Burleigh Point

Nobbys Beach

Easter Bunnies!!

G'day everyone! I trust you all had a lovely Easter Break!

I certainly did..was a beautiful weekend - so hot and sunny, which is unusual for this time of year apparently, so we got some beach time in. We had our own sandcastle competition, played grip ball - which Dave then work up all achey, haha!

We spent it on the Gold Coast and just swam, ate, went to the beach and caught up with friends and family which was great! We had a nice big Easter bbq with Daves family, where we scored lots of choccie easter bunnies! And we played 'football' (rugby) with the kids in the garden - they are such fast little things!

And we caught up with Mandy, Eloise & Brant, Jan and Ali, so very social.

I was so happy to see Ali again! We met in Buenos Aires in Dec 2010 and hung out the whole time we were there, before i flew to Sydney for christmas and new year - so it was soo lovely to catch up and see her, as when I left I didn't think I'd see her for years, if ever again. Life is funny like that.

And Eloise and Brant told us they are going to move to Melbourne, which would be so good for them, and we are expecting the engagement party invite in the post very shortly, with the wedding in New Zealand next year, so lots to look forward too.

This week we are looking into doing yoga classes, for general fitness and flexibility, after the doctor told me my back was horribly inflexible for my age, and it could lead to back problems...so I shall attempt to touch my toes...its been too long.

Hopefully we are going camping this weekend on the Sunshine Coast with Tori and Jay - another couple friend who have recently got engaged - theres going to be a lot of dresses to buy! And we should be able to catch up wit Sabina as well, a friend we met last year in Oz who took me to the Sunshine Coast for the awesome Eumundi Markets and my first Cold Rock Ice cream!

So all is going well...I have a number of personal projects to work on, such as knitting - still a learning process, and a personal guide to living in London for Jen, Jess and Sabina, who are all heading for a UK adventure this year.

All I can say is - London, BEWARE!!

Oh and I also made Vietnamese fresh spring rolls (also known as the Fantastic Summer Rolls in the Cay Tre), which are super yum! We are def getting into the cooking again, last night, we made a chicken and veggie curry pie - an Aussie staple.

And on the final note, for those who knew I was going for it, I GOT THE JOB!!

This makes me VERY happy, as it is a permanent, full time job with a childrens charity as a Fundraising Coordinator - which is alot of events work which will be fun! My first project is working on the Brisbane 5km fun run, so im very excited!

Also it starts on $60k + super (which is a 9% salary increase for you pension) +tax benefits (for an NGO) - this equates to: £39k a year, plus my pension which work pay for...how amazing is that?!?

So its a great opportunity in alot of ways!

I hope this is the turning point for everything.

So i hope you are all well, and yes - to those who have mentioned it, a Skype date is def in order!

Much love xxxxxx 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!

Thanks for getting in touch with The English Rose - she'll aim to get back to you shortly!

Have a lovely day.