Tuesday 8 April 2014

Grey But Great News Day.


The clouds may be over, the rain maybe be pouring and the water maybe dripping  in our spare room - but despite all of this- it is still a Great News Day!

I have come to the conclusion that life works in mysterious ways. The world is small and indeed wonderful, and everything happens for a reason.

I have always been an advocate for the saying, 

"Everything will be alright in the end, and if it's not alright, it's not the end".

It is something that I have always tried to have in the back of my mind when times are tough and life gives you tiny, hard lemons.

With the world being small, I heard an amazing story from our cake lady back in the UK, who met a couple whose daughter lives in Oz but is having a celebration in Kent after having the official ceremony in Australia earlier this year.

She mentioned that she was making a cake for a woman in the opposite situation-living in Oz but getting married in Kent. 

The couple mentioned my name laughing as the cliche question of 'Do you know so and so in Australia?' comes to mind.

Our cake lady looked at them and said 'yes' and she's marrying an Aussie-and mentioned my fiancé.

It turns out that our cake lady was speaking to an old school friends parents whom we reconnected with at my friends wedding in Canberra in February! Small and wonderful world indeed.

This brought a smile to my face as I realised the beautiful uncertainty of life-of which I was always unsure that uncertainty was a positive thing.

After a period of recent negative uncertainty, anxiety and concern, I have landed a temporary contract job for the next few months doing Graphic Design and Marketing for a disability NFP.

This definitely helps add to my newly found optimism.

In addition to this, I was also announced as the winner of a 6 week nutritional overhaul program as a part of my boot camp and wedding/fitness preparations!

I have won a running singlet (vest top), a healthy cooking book and 4 weeks of Bootcamp for free!

Plus, the long awaited Chocorn has hit the Woolies shelves! (For my UK readers it was a winning product from a reality cooking show called Recipe to Riches).
It looks to be three amazing flavours of cholesterol dipped popcorn. Yum!


So tonight I shall celebrate with my love all these successes (and work off the Chocorn at Bootcamp tomorrow!) and see that sometimes the stars do align in the most mysterious ways to reward a testing situation with the best possible outcome. 

Much loves xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!

Thanks for getting in touch with The English Rose - she'll aim to get back to you shortly!

Have a lovely day.