Monday 3 October 2016

Thirty Years of the English Rose.



A week ago I celebrated my 30th birthday. And I've been a little surprised at how little I have been bothered about this fact. I've known many people to already hit this "landmark" birthday, with various responses - from none, to totally freaking out.

I'm not quite in the "none" camp, but I have become fairly reflective in the lead up, of the past decade and everything it had brought with it. I guess it's a way of closing the door on my 20's so I can fully embrace and confidently walk through the door to my 30's.

A lot has happened. My 20's was a jam-packed decade - the first part was full of parties, fun, travelling the world, living in numerous locations all over the world, thrill-seeking, risk taking, having the most amazing experiences and meeting some of my closest life-long friends.

The second half was a roller-coaster of changes as I met my future husband and relocated my entire life to the other side of the world. My mid-late twenties was certainly a a cycle of emotions as I jumped through the visa paperwork hoops, contracted in what feels a million jobs and came to terms with starting a new life. I also became ill and am still recovering over a year later - which has definitely taught me the true meaning of patience and how to slow down. 

Of course this second half also brought me my soulmate and our beautiful wedding, new adventures in a new country and new lifelong friends. How lucky am I?!

It's funny how life can turn out. What I've learnt from the last decade is that you life definitely surprises you, and rewards those who are brave enough to take risks, with delights that you never imagined were possible.

What am I looking forward to in the next decade? Whatever life throws at me. You never know what is going to happen, but I am hoping for new experiences, positive things and maintaining my health. I intend to live my life full of love for myself and everyone around me. I intend to retain perspective to ensure I have a good balance in all aspects of my live. And I intend to let go of the silly things that can get you down. All the things you can't change about your physical self, and improve all the things on my emotional self that still has the capacity to grow.

I'm not sure why turning 30 is a big deal, but I guess it just depends on where you are in life and how you view it. Ten years ago I'd never have thought my journey would take me here, and how happy I would be about everything that's happened - because it does all work out.

Much love to all my beautiful friends and family around the world who showed me all their love on this "landmark" day. It was awesome and I can't wait to share another ten years with you all in my life. xoxo

P.S - I'd also like to get another dog, so Winston can have a little brother, because he's just so cute:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!

Thanks for getting in touch with The English Rose - she'll aim to get back to you shortly!

Have a lovely day.